Wednesday, March 09, 2005

ELKTOWN: Our Mission

My dad was right on target when he said elktown needs a Mission Statement. So, with material suggested by several readers -- though primarily, I suspect, Scott -- here is our new Mission Statement:

"The goal of ELKTOWN is to provide you with a complete, accurate and comprehensive portrayal of daily life in Dubai, and throughout the United Arab Emirates and greater Middle East. If, at any time, you are not satisfied with the materials contained herein, then you should have bought your own ticket to Dubai instead of eating all of those unsatisfying meals at the Burger King."

The Mission Statement is totally revisable, so feel free to suggest additions! Also, we somehow need to work in the tag line: "For all your cowbell needs. ELKTOWN: Now with 35% more cowbell." Flacks, budding lawyers, and budget analysts, I need your expertise. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Scott -- or whoever deserves the credit -- I've read that line about the Burger King about 20 times now, and every single time I bust out laughing. Like the kind of laughter that makes tears roll down your face.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased and honored, though I recognize that the total revisability of this statement shall prompt me to remain on top of my game.

I shall defend my suggested mission statement to the bitter end!

Scott

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our mission is to honor the noble elk, its grace and beauty, in all its indigenous habitats. In this we have failed miserably. We beg your forgiveness.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home