Wednesday, March 16, 2005

On the water

When it got dark, the Creekside emptied. I paid a boater a few bucks to boat me around for a while. He offered me some fried nuggets, then put his jacket over his head, like this:



What was in the nuggets? I do not know. They were spicy, very spicy nuggets.

This was our view as we pulled off the bank:



The water-level view gave a better perspective on some of the buildings, including the Pregnant Lady. Many of these pictures are blurry. Staying absolutely still is harder than you would think on a boat rocking greasily to and fro.











You have certain moments where it hits you all over again how far away you are. I started to feel that sense of surreality, giddy and strange, towards the end of the boat ride. These next photos – not the photos, but actually seeing these things – seemed especially otherworldly to me that evening:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home