Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Great Bird of Fujeirah



I was so entranced by the Great Bird that I simply stopped the car in the middle of the roundabout and gawped. Then I started snapping away. Other drivers were careening around me and honking wildly, not that that’s unusual here.





Take a closer look at the serene magnificence of the Great Bird’s face:



Also in Fujeirah, the Great Hand holding the Great… um… the Great Turkey Drumstick:



Leaping Fish by the harbor in Muttrah, Oman:



I christen this one the Tumbling Jar Fountain of Muttrah. I really like this one, actually. Note Arab dude and Indian cell phone man in corner, for size perspective.



And last but not least, let’s not forget to thank the Dear Leader who made all this possible, Sheikh Zayed, ruler of UAE until his death a couple of months ago. The people sure do love their Dear Leader:



Tomorrow, come back and see pictures of lovely Muscat, the ancient seaside capital of Oman…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home