Friday, March 18, 2005

Creek all week

A month or so ago, I took a stroll along Dubai's creek. It's a river-like piece of water, though it's really just a jutting inlet of the Persian Gulf. I got enough decent pictures to fill up a week on this website.

Each day I'll post some more. Because there are quite a few – I mean really, there are a lot – I'm going to set the main page to post only one day at a time. Otherwise it will load so slowly, it would be quicker for you to just fly here and see the Creek yourself. So if you haven't checked the site every day – and yes, you are forgiven for that – be sure to check out the list of posts on the right side of the screen.

Every picture here is clickable for a bigger view. Best thing to do is right-click the picture and select "Open in New Window." Some of these are, by far, my favorite photos I've taken since I got here.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really good pictures, Er, of both the tapestries and the creek architecture. I had dinner with Brad, Sam, Betty and Rick last night, and Betts thinks your shots are getting better and better. I agree. Love, Dad

10:17 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Thanks Dad!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, it is hard to believe you didn't drop in images of awesome looking birds into these pictures. They are "the best". It would be fun to watch that sort of action here in D.C. Today marks the almost-first day of spring. Or, as I like to say, the pen-penultimate first day of spring. In honor of this day, I made a cake, put some candles on it, and made everyone in my department parade around the office declaring "Happy Spring" with me. They might not have had the volume or enthusiasm I'd hoped for, but hey, at least they stayed in formation. That's all you can ask for in any decent seasonal ritual celebration.
We miss you, and especially in warm days, when it seems that any time now a click on the inbox might reveal an invitation to an Eric bbq. Wouldn't even care which delicious animal product you wanted to serve, I'd still be there.
LIZ

2:13 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Liz! I admire the discipline that you're imposing over there at the opera. There's a billboard near my apartment for Pavarotti and it makes me think of you and my other friend, Placido Domingo.

I was considering having a bbq during my trip home, but I think I won't be up to it. Now if someone else wanted to have one and invite us...

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ordinarily, I would of course step right in and fill in on the BBQ issue, but with the whole moving issue I'm not sure that would be doable.

Though it's entirely possible the removal of 90% of the furniture from that place would just mean more room for guests.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

No worries. We'll barbeque when I get back in August.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home