Wednesday, April 20, 2005

One more word about Britney

This fantastic news out of Louisiana – or wherever Britney and her baby daddy live – has had a profound effect on me. As many of you know, I have been in a deep funk ever since January, when Brad and Jen announced their split. The knowledge that Britney has created new life has finally lifted my spirits. Someday this youngster will entertain us! Either with her musical talents, or by spectacularly flaming out in the public eye, or even by getting dangled off a balcony! The possibilities are endless!

So our celebrities have delivered (as it were) again. Out of Brad and Jen's suffering has come joy. One tabloid chapter closes so another can begin. It's the great wheel of American celebrity, turning. It's the endless chain of being, et cetera, and so forth. Are you as moved as I am?

(Thank you to my celebrity correspondent, Liz J., for alerting me to this momentous story, far in advance of the Middle East news cycle.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is L.Jo reporting live in Denver. Back to you, Eric...

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home