Tuesday, April 12, 2005

East of East

I had one very dizzy moment a few weeks ago while exploring a new neighborhood near my office. I saw four men kneeling towards Mecca, but my mental compass started spinning when I realized that east was not the direction I thought it was. I got very lost before finally realizing my mistake: In Dubai, Mecca is to the west.

I got my bearings, but it provoked a few hours of that sensation I wrote about a few weeks ago: the feeling of being very, very far from home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh eric you are going to make me cry... please come home safely. its not that long now honey!!!
love sis

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to see you when you come into DC!! What are we going to be doing all weekend!

Where are you guys staying?

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home