Friday, April 08, 2005

Doo-hoo

I made a one-day visit to Doha, Qatar about a month ago. Our nickname for Doha is "Doo-hoo," and the word has now come to mean the hinterlands, anything far away, remote or small-time. Did you park your car in the sandlot five blocks away? You're out in doo-hoo. Have to take a business trip to Omaha, or Shreveport, or Gary, Indiana? Doo-hoo.

The original Doo-hoo was not half-bad for a day trip – definitely much better than Gary, Indiana. I ate the best Arabic food of my life, that's one thing. And the architecture there is fundamentally different from what I've seen in Dubai. All in all, it was a day well spent. I'll post a couple pictures next week.

In the meantime, this is a view of a minaret from the sandlot behind my apartment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, your Dad and I are visiting today and last night(yeah banker and golfer. I have given him a new living will-REAL close to yours-Kirk Wyckoff

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home