Friday, April 01, 2005

Tough man... tender chicken



We at elktown bid a fond adieu to Frank Perdue, 84, chicken magnate, who invented the slogan, "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken." My entire life's experience suggests that this is a deep truth.

We would also like to point out that Perdue's famous slogan was mistranslated into Spanish, so that billboards appeared all over Mexico proclaiming, "It takes a hard man to make a chicken aroused."*

So let's take a moment to ponder Perdue's achievements. Gaze into his face, above, just as the Mexicans must have, and consider: In his remarkable career, the man must have aroused billions of chickens.

* Source: the Internet

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(imagine me saying that in the famous tone of voice that only I can say your name in)

ps. i heard aaron neville on the radio yesterday. loved it.

love sis

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Imagine that tone of voice that was developed out of necessity over the years trying to keep control of two kids and one dog. p.s who is aaron neville?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!! (Imagine me saying that in my famous tone of voice like Jessica Rabbit to that cop-guy).

You know, the Mexican translation, while it may not have sold much chicken...ahh, nevermind.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sparkling said...

Hmm. I'm not a loyal reader, sorry. Only just found your blog by accident. But yeah, the pictures, the come with patience. Read the text, and the pictures will come later.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

That last comment was very Zen.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Look at this face... I know the years are showin',

Look at this liiiiiiiifffe... still don't know where it's goin'!

I don't know much... but I know I... love yoooooouuuuu... and that may be. All I need. To know..."

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home